If you’re looking to sell
We strongly believe that a business needs to be 100% ready before it is taken to the market. Through our process we will collect the qualitative and quantitative data prospective purchasers are looking for, benchmark your key metrics against the marketplace. We will also spend time with the owners to gather further insight into the business and their future plans.
Two important results from the above process will be:
- A guide to the value of your business in the current market
- A comprehensive Information Memorandum for your business – allowing a potential purchaser to gain a clear understanding of your business at the outset of discussions.
We will start talking with the Business Health network, with our end objective to solicit realistic expressions of interest.
We’ll thereafter work with you to determine the ‘best fit’ bidders – during this phase we’ll consider not only price and terms, but also the depth of alignment between each bidder and yourself, and your business in terms of client base and staff.
If you’re looking to buy
Once we have gained a clear appreciation of the type of business you’re looking to acquire, we will reach out to our network to determine the level of interest. All initial discussions will be handled by us.
We’ll then walk you through a short list of the ‘serious’ contenders, and subject to your direction, we will look to conduct ‘due diligence’ on each. We will collect the key qualitative and quantitative data, including benchmarking the practice against the marketplace.
If you’re looking to merge
We will collect the key qualitative and quantitative data a prospective merger partner will be looking for. While most of this information will be captured through our diagnostics we will also spend time with the owners to ‘flesh out’ your bigger picture and overarching strategy.
This will allow us to prepare a comprehensive Information Memorandum for your business, which will include an approximate market valuation. We will;
- Develop a ‘preferred partner profile’.
- Provide the IM to potential merger partners to allow them to gain a clear understanding of your business and to determine the level of compatibility with their own.
We’ll thereafter work with you to determine the ‘best fit’ bidders, during this phase we’ll consider the depth of compatibility between the parties.
- In respect to the above, we will apply a flexible and pragmatic fee structure, built around a combination of fixed dollar and %. Our overriding objective is to ensure all parties receive value.
- Business Health is not a broker and will not act in a broker capacity during our engagement.
- Should you require, we are able to introduce you to legal, tax, accounting and financing professionals.