Signator was, up until recently, a Broker Dealer in the USA. BH created the structure for, and provided ongoing support for an annual Best Practice competition (leveraging our experience with such competitions in Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and the USA). The structure followed our reliable, proven system from nominations through to the judging process.
BH’s Best Practice structure provided consistency and fairness in the judging process by utilizing our online HealthCheck tool. Real and tangible value was given to all competition entrants through a comprehensive report on their own results. To ensure transparency and objectivity, the judging process included onsite visits to each finalist, to validate the diagnostic results. A detailed report was compiled by BH for the judging panel to consider. A principal of BH chaired the judging panel.
Feedback from our client:
“While we had conducted a best practice competition within our network for a number of years we decided that we needed to incorporate an external perspective which also brought a consistency of approach to the judging process. We turned to Business Health.
The principals of Business Health have conducted a number of these competitions both in Australia and the US and this allowed them to provide us with an extremely smooth, proven process, which included:
- A reliable, proven framework for the judging process.
- A consistency of approach which was underpinned by Business Health’s unique HealthCheck diagnostic, which every entrant was required to undertake as the first step.
- The scoring system underlying the HealthCheck ensures that only the highest scoring practices made it through to the final stage. And the fact that every entrant completed a HealthCheck ensured that every practice received a great value add.
- A Business Health principal personally visited each finalist and thereafter provided a detailed report for the judges to consider. A principal also chaired the judging panel.
- We were delighted with the smoothness of the overall process, the regular communication throughout and the overall objectivity provided by Business Health.